Camp Sawtooth

Facility Rental




Chapel

Mary Popma Chapel

ChapelNestled in the woods at the north end of camp is our chapel. The Popma family of Boise donated the chapel in 1956 in memory of their daughter, Mary. Double doors open to reveal the chapel's wood and stone structure. A double row of wooden pews, divided by a single aisle, lead to a simple alter and add to the rustic and peaceful atmosphere. Two large windows bring the serenity of the surrounding mountains, forest and sky inside. The chapel seats approximately 100, is equipped with lights, heat and an electric organ. Song books are also provided.

The chapel is available for weddings during the summer months on weekends and during non-residential camp weeks. Please be advised no alcohol is allowed at Camp Sawtooth. Contact the Camp Director for leasing fees.

Path to chapel

Chapel front view

Chapel memorial plaque

 

Inside view 1

Inside view 2

Inside view 3

Rear view 1

Rear view 2

 


Copyright © 1932-2017 Camp Sawtooth. All Rights Reserved.
Photo Credits: Brandon Adams & and others
Site updated and maintained by BDA Web Solutions